The man arrested in Minnesota on suspicion of killing a San Luis Obispo woman has been brought back to the Central Coast.
Robert Koehler is being held in the San Luis Obispo County Jail, according to the jail’s website. He was booked just after 9 p.m. Thursday.
Koehler was arrested Wednesday, May 16 in Rogers, Minnesota. He and his wife were at a truck stop off Interstate 94. Investigators believe the couple were on their way to Michigan, where Koehler’s wife has family.
Koehler waived extradition last week, according to San Luis Obispo County Assistant District Attorney Eric Dobroth.
Arraignment is expected to take place next week.
WATCH: San Luis Obispo Police Dept. press conference on Koehler arrest
- Arrest made in Kristen Marti homicide investigation
- Police investigating person of interest Robert Koehler in Kristen Marti case
- Police release identity of person of interest in Kristen Marti murder
- Police seek information about vehicle in connection with SLO woman’s death
- Body found in Prefumo Canyon identified as missing SLO woman
- Autopsy on body found during Prefumo Canyon search complete; ID not yet released
- Search of Prefumo Canyon leads to discovery of body, police say
- Investigators search Prefumo Canyon for missing SLO woman
- Authorities to conduct county-wide search for woman missing since January from SLO
- SLOPD: Have you seen Kristen Marti? She’s still missing
- Police ask for public’s help to find missing person at-risk: Kristen Marti