Local kids have the option to stay busy and have fun in the "Safe N’ Strong" program hosted by the city of Santa Maria.
The program starts Monday and will be going on every weekday through Aug. 10.
City staff with the Recreation and Parks Department will be handing out healthy snacks while hosting games, sports and crafting activities for children ages 6-12 years old.
Safe N’ Strong will be happening at the following locations:
- Minami Community Park: 600 W. Enos Dr., Santa Maria
- Oakley Park: 1300 North Western Ave., Santa Maria
- Tunnell Park: 1100 North Palisade Dr., Santa Maria
- Bob Orach Park: 1800 S. Westgate Rd., Santa Maria
- Buena Vista Park: 800 S. Pine St., Santa Maria
- Grogan Park: 1155 W. Rancho Verde Rd., Santa Maria
- Jim May Park: 809 Stanford Dr., Santa Maria
- Preisker Park: 330 Hidden Pines Way., Santa Maria
- Rice Park: 700 E. Sunset Ave., Santa Maria
- Russell Park: 1000 W. Church St., Santa Maria
- Veterans’ Memorial Park: 313 West Tunnell St., Santa Maria
Snacks and activities will be happening from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.