Federal officials are recalling some new salads and wraps sold at Trader Joe’s and other large retailers over concerns of parasites in romaine lettuce.
The parasite can cause stomach cramps, nausea, fatigue, body aches and diarrhea. Officials said people would see symptoms within a week of consumption.
They issued the alert Tuesday, saying Caito Foods LLC products from Indianapolis that contain beef, pork and poultry could be contaminated. The recalled items have expiration ddates between July 18 and July 23.
Some of the recalled products include:
- Garden Highway Caesar Salad with Chicken
- Garden Highway Chef Salad with Smoked Ham & Turkey
- Garden Highway Santa Fe Style Salad with Chicken
- Delish Santa Fe Style Salad with Chicken
- Delish Asian Style Salad with Chicken
- Delish Chicken Caesar Salad
- Delish Chef Salad with Ham & Turkey
- Boar’s Head Ovengold Tukey Cobb Salad
- Boar’s Head Everroast Chicken Caesar Salad
- Boar’s Head Smokemaster Black Forest Ham Pinwheels
- Trader Giotto’s Caesar Salad with Chicken
- Trader Joe’s Taragon Chicken Salad Wrap
- Trader Ming’s Chinese Inspired Salad with Chicken
Other stores said to have sold the products include Kroger and Walgreens.