Pacific Gas and Electric is reminding customers to stay safe during stormy weather.
The utility issued a list of safety precautions that customers should take if they run into heavy rains and wind. PG&E suggests:
- Report downed power lines to 911 and then 1 (800) 743-5002
- Use battery operated flashlights instead of candles during power outages.
- Backup generators should be properly installed by a licensed electrician.
- Unplug or turn off all electrical appliances during an outage to avoid overloading the circuits.
- Call PG&E for updated power outage information at 1 (800) 743-5002.