San Luis Obispo County is asking for donations of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for healthcare workers.
Donated PPE will supplement the supplies the county is distributing to local health care providers and first responders.
The following types of PPE will be accepted:
- N95 masks (NIOSH-approved)
- Surgical and procedure masks (FDA-approved)
- Exam gloves (powder-free; nitrile or latex preferred)
- Isolation gowns/coveralls
- Hospital grade cleaning wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Eye protection (face shields, goggles, safety glasses)
- Thermometers (disposable, non-contact/temporal scanner)
Donated PPE must meet the following criteria:
- Sealed, original packaging
- Not expired (with the exception of NIOSH-approved N95 masks in accordance with the Emergency Use Authorization)
- No stains, odors, or tears
To donate, email or call the County's PPE Supply Coordinator at EOC-EWEC@co.slo.ca.us or (805) 543-2444.
For more information, visit readyslo.org.