The City of San Luis Obispo has issued an emergency proclamation to temporarily restrict bars and restaurants throughout the city in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
- All bars, breweries and wine tasting venues in the City of San Luis Obispo shall close to the public, excluding production facilities that do not include customer or other public contact.
- All restaurants in the City of San Luis Obispo shall be closed for indoor or outdoor seated dining and may be open only for pick-up or delivery.
- Bars, breweries, pubs or other alcohol establishments that include full meals provided by a full kitchen shall follow restaurant guidance and may provide only for pick-up or delivery options.
- Coffee shops fall under restaurants and may continue to offer pick-up service, but shall not provide indoor or outdoor seating for customers.
- All pick up areas shall limit customer waiting areas in a manner that provides adequate space for a six (6) feet of separation between waiting customers and provides for hand sanitation.
- All other public serving businesses shall implement social distancing protocols to ensure that customers of businesses open to the public maintain a six (6) foot distance between customers and otherwise adhere to direction and guidelines from the County Public Health Director to assist in limiting the spread of COVID-19 in order to reduce the length and severity of public health and economic impacts.
Free parking zones are being set up throughout the downtown area so customers can pick up their restaurant orders.