Children and teens in Santa Barbara County can receive free lunch throughout the summer as part of the Picnic in the Park program.
The program provides packed meals to those in need on a first-come, first-served basis.
The USDA is working with the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County and the Santa Barbara Unified School District Food Services to provide healthy options to students.
All kids and their parents have to do in order to receive the meals is to go to one of the program’s 17 site locations.
“Your kids are out for the summer, this is a great place for kids to get their physical activity and also get a lunch on the side,” said Paulina Llamas, Santa Barbara County Foodbank Program Supervisor.
Parents and children can find the nearest Picnic in the Park location by texting SUMMERFOOD to 877-877.
Picnic in the Park locations in the South County include:
- Jardin de las Rosas, 11:30 am-12:30 pm, M-Th, 510 N. Salsipuedes St., Santa Barbara (M-Th only)
- Santa Barbara Public Library, 11:30 am-12:30 pm, 40 E. Anapamu St., Santa Barbara
- Positano Apartments, 12-1 pm, 11 Camino De Vida, Santa Barbara
- Jonny D. Wallis Neighborhood Park, 12:30-1:30 pm, 170 S. Kellogg Ave., Goleta
- Casas de Los Carneros, 1-2 pm, 10 Longshore Pl., Goleta
- Carpinteria Public Library, 12-1 pm, 5141 Carpinteria Ave., Carpinteria
Picnic in the Park location in the North County include:
- Veterans Memorial Park, 11:30 am-12:30 pm, 313 W. Tunnell St., Santa Maria
- Rice Park, 11 am-12 pm, 700 E. Sunset Ave., Santa Maria
- Minami Park, 11 am-12pm, 600 W. Enos Dr., Santa Maria
- Los Adobes de Maria 1, 12-1 pm, 1026 W. Boone Ave., Santa Maria
- Grogan Park, 11:45 am-12:45 pm, 1155 West Rancho Verde, Santa Maria
- Tunnell Park, 12:30-1:30 pm, 1100 N. Palisade Dr., Santa Maria
- College Park Apartments, 12:30-1:30 pm, 648 N. G St., Lompoc
- Palm Grove, 1:15-2:15 pm, 31 Palm Dr., Lompoc
- Ranch Acres, 12:45-1:45 pm, 1050 Escalante Dr., Guadalupe
- River View Townhomes, 1-2 pm, 220 Calle Cesar E. Chavez, Guadalupe
- Los Alamos Park, 12-1 pm 500 Drum Canyon Rd., Los Alamos (M-Th only, July 1 – Aug. 2)