Bank of America has announced that they are awarding $385,000 in grants to San Luis Obispo area nonprofits.
The grants will go to 13 organizations. The bank says the grants will help drive opportunity and upward mobility for individuals and families.
As businesses begin to safely reopen, Greg Bland, president of Bank of America San Luis Obispo, says the grants are a way to help disadvantaged communities through investing in both short and long-term needs.
The awards are going to nonprofits that focus on employment, education, hunger relief, healthcare, emergency shelter and drug and mental health treatment.
The organizations receiving the grants are:
- The 5 Cities Homeless Coalition
- Affordable Housing Paso Robles
- Atascadero Loaves and Fishes
- Cuesta College Foundation
- El Camino Homeless Organization
- The Family Care Network
- The French Hospital Medical Center Foundation
- Peoples Self-Help Housing Corporation
- Rise San Luis Obispo
- The San Luis Obispo County Office of Education
Information on Bank of America's Charitable Foundation can be found on their site.