The city of San Luis Obispo is following an executive order issued by Governor Newsom to cancel or postpone non-essential large public gatherings.
City leaders said in a statement that they are taking action to reduce the impacts of coronavirus by minimizing the number of large gatherings of more than 250 people.
The City is working with event organizers to refund fees or re-schedule the following events:
- Solvang Double Century Bike Race occurring on City streetson (March 21)
- Walk MS at Meadow Park (March 27-28)
- Arlene Zanchuck USO Memorial Dance at the Ludwick Community Center (March 28)
- Diocese of Monterey Wellness Event at Laguna Lake Park (March 28)
Per the governor’s directive, this does NOT include:
- regular school or work activities
- public transportation and airport travel
- shopping at a store or mall
The city will also be canceling public tours of city facilities through the month of March as a way to reduce exposure to city employees.
City Council and advisory body committee meetings will continue as planned in accordance with the new guidance from the state, however there will be limited seats available due to social distancing requirements.
Community members are encouraged to watch City Council meetings live on cable channel 20 or on the City’s website.
You can also submit public comment for meetings in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about public meetings or need additional accommodations, please contact the Office of the City Clerk at (805) 781-7100.