The San Luis Obispo County 'Community Law Day' comes to downtown SLO on Thursday, May 4.
The event, hosted at the San Luis Obispo County Superior Court from 5 to 7 p.m., is open to the public and free to attend. All ages are welcome.
Law Day will feature a handful of activities and demonstrations:
- Presentations by judges will provide information on criminal, civil, family law and mental-health treatment court.
- Ask-a-Lawyer, where local attorneys will answer general legal questions.
- Mock Trial, a demonstration by the Morro Bay High School mock trial team.
- Presentations on duties and roles within the county by a grand jury.
- Legal information and materials provided by local legal services offices.
"Law Day is observed to celebrate the role of law in our society and to cultivate a deeper understanding of the legal profession," District Attorney Dan Dow said on the DA's website.
Officials ask visitors to enter the building through the entrance located at 1050 Monterey St.