Buses with Santa Barbara's Metropolitan Transit District will decrease the number of passengers allowed on board starting Wednesday.
Only 12 passengers will be allowed on a 40 foot bus, and eight passengers on a 30 foot bus.
If a bus has already reached max capacity, the driver will pass by anyone waiting a bus stop, something that's been done throughout the pandemic.
The new bus capacity policy will stay in effect through Jan. 8.
Passengers are asked to keep six feet distance from others and wear face and nose covering to reduce the spread of covid-19.
Other items to note:
• Any individuals feeling ill and/or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms should not board the bus
• Face coverings or masks, worn correctly at all times, are still required of passengers and bus operators
• Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols continue
• Suspension of fare collection continues
• In accordance with the state public health order, individuals should limit their bus travel to essential trips only