Firefighters contained a shed fire before it could spread to homes in Santa Barbara on Friday.
The fire broke out at about 1:13 p.m. on the 5000-block of San Vicente Dr.
Multiple callers reported the fire, which was sparked when a power line dropped down on the shed.
The fire burned only the shed. Officials say the flames were knocked down before it burned any other buildings. In total, it burned a roughly 12 by 12 foot area.
#ShedFire: Structure Response- Bk Yrd 12’x12’. Mult. RP’s, Power line to light pole dropped from flame impingement. Fire isolated to shed, knocked down, no damage to residential structures. ME13/ME12/B14 remain for Mop-up— Scott Safechuck (@SBCFireInfo) August 5, 2022
No Inj/evacs. SCE en-route, under Invest.CT 1:13pm pic.twitter.com/0mykaYH2Cj
Firefighters are working to mop up the area.
The fire is under investigation.