City of San Luis Obispo officials is providing tips to the community to help prepare now for coming winter storms.
With the ground already well-saturated from recent rainfall, city officials say it is important to get prepared for potential flood impacts now.
To help prepare, the City of San Luis Obispo recommends:
- Securing outdoor items
- Avoiding driving, if possible (if you need to drive, use caution, and do not drive across flooded roadways)
- Securing sandbags if in a flood-prone area (Get sandbag information in SLO)
- Avoiding creeks and rivers
- Preparing now by visiting www.slocity.org/prepare
For emergencies, community members should call 9-1-1. To report non-emergency problems, the following resources are available:
- Non-emergency issues (24/7 non-emergency dispatch line): 805-781-7312
- Electrical outages (PG&E hotline): 1-800-743-5002
- Maintenance issues (Ask SLO): www.slocity.org/Ask. The city’s Ask SLO app is an easy and fast way to report and share photos of maintenance issues out in the community. City officials recommend downloading Ask SLO to a smartphone so that you have it when you need it. Ask SLO is now available on the Apple App Store and Google Play.