Santa Barbara County is in need of volunteers for the 2020 homeless point-in-time count.
It's the annual count of people experiencing homelessness in the county.
This year's count will take place from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, January 29.
Teams of volunteers and experts will canvas assigned routes throughout the county and will briefly document who is experiencing homelessness.
Volunteers will be trained and there are some training sessions coming up over the next few weeks.
- Carpinteria/Summerland: 6-7:30 p.m. Thurs., January 23
- Goleta: Wednesday, 6-7:30 p.m. Wed., January 15
- Isla Vista: Tuesday, 6-7:30 p.m. Tues., January 21
- Lompoc: 6-7:30 p.m. Thurs., January 16
- Santa Barbara: 9:30-11 a.m. Sat., January 11; and 6-7:30 p.m. Wed., January 22
- Santa Maria: noon-1:30 p.m. Thurs., January 16
If you're interested in participating, click here.