Santa Barbara County is in need of 100 more volunteers for the 2020 homeless point-in-time count.
It's the annual count of people experiencing homelessness in the county.
This year's count will take place from 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, January 29.
Teams of volunteers and experts will canvas assigned routes throughout the county and will briefly document who is experiencing homelessness.
You may attend a volunteer training at any location.
· Goleta: Wednesday, January 15 | 6-7:30pm. Goleta Valley Community Center, 5679 Hollister Ave
· Santa Maria: Thursday, January 16 | 12-1:30pm. Veterans Memorial Center, 313 W Tunnell St
· Lompoc: Thursday, January 16 | 6-7:30pm. Lompoc Veterans Memorial Building, 100 E Locust Ave
· Isla Vista: Tuesday, January 21 | 6-7:30pm. Isla Vista Community Service District, 970 Embarcadero Del Mar Suite 101
· Santa Barbara: Wednesday, January 22 | 5:30-7pm. Trinity Evangelical Lutheran, 909 N La Cumbre Rd
Carpinteria: Thursday, January 23 | 6-7:30pm. Carpinteria City Hall, 5775 Carpinteria Ave
To sign up to volunteer, click here.