Easter weekend has arrived and the Central Coast is booming with opportunities for families who are looking to celebrate locally.
Below are some places where Easter egg hunts and other events are happening locally.
San Luis Obispo County:
Cambria annual Easter egg hunt
– Shamel Park, Sunday at 8 a.m.
– Grab the kids for a great morning of Easter fun starting at 8 a.m. Admission is free. Children 8 and under are invited to participate.
Cayucos Easter Egg Hunt
– Hardie Park, Saturday at 10 a.m.
– Dress up your favorite pooch in their best Easter bonnet and outfit for a parade. Prizes are awarded for best costume, best behaved, best bonnet and many more. Plus, an Easter egg hunt for the children, who can also meet the Easter Bunny.
San Luis Obispo egg scavenger hunt
– Laguna Lake Park, Saturday 11 a.m., although people are advised to arrive early.
– Children ages 8 and under can join the Easter Bunny for an exciting adventure while searching for prize-filled eggs at Laguna Lake Park. Don’t forget to bring your basket.
Los Osos annual Bay-Osos Kiwanis Easter egg hunt
– South Bay Community Center, Saturday at 10 a.m.
– The fun will include two bounce houses, balloon guy, petting zoo, scout demos and more. At 10:30 a.m., there will be contests for four different age groups for best costume and best decorated egg. The Los Osos Library will also have a story time. The egg hunt will begin at 11 a.m.
Pismo Beach annual Easter egg-stravaganza
– Dinosaur Caves Park, Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– This free event will include games, bounce houses, crafts, food vendors, visits with the Easter Bunny and more. There will also be a magician to give an exciting show at 10:30 a.m. and noon in the Rotary Amphitheater at the park.
Arroyo Grande Annual Egg Hunt
– Elm Street Park, Saturday at 10 a.m.
– Free activities will include egg hunts for all ages, a raw egg toss contest and a fire truck and police car exhibit. Other activities include a carnival, hot dog barbecue, face painting, bounce castle, petting zoo and pony rides. Children and parents are encouraged to bring a basket.
Santa Barbara County:
Lompoc Easter Egg Hunt
– River Park, Saturday 10 a.m. to noon
– An egg hunt will be divided up into four age groups. The event includes carnival games, face painting and hot dogs.
Solvang Easter eggstravaganza
– River View Park in Buellton, Saturday at 10 a.m.
– It’s said to be the Santa Ynez Valley’s biggest egg hunts followed by activities, games, Easter crafts and more. An adults-only egg hunt will take place shortly after the children’s egg hunt.
Goleta egg hunt
– Girsh Park, Saturday at 11 a.m.
– The fields at Girsh Park will be filled with children eager to join the fun in the 11th annual Girsh Park Egg Hunt. 10,000 prize- and candy-filled eggs will litter six different fields for all ages.
Eggstravaganza egg hunt, Santa Barbara
– Chase Palm Park and Cohnett Park, Saturday at 10 a.m.
– Children are asked to bring baskets for the egg hunts happening at two different parks.
The great egg hunt, Santa Barbara
– Elings Park, Saturday 9 a.m. to noon
– There will be bounce houses, face painting, food, music, eggs and the Easter Bunny.
Other Easter-related events or egg hunts can be emailed to email@example.com.