News

Actions

Dryer fire contained at Madonna Inn

Posted at 9:55 PM, Apr 26, 2018
and last updated 2018-04-27 00:55:00-04

A dryer fire broke out Thursday evening in the laundry room at the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo.

Firefighters say they arrived to find smoke coming from the first floor of the upper building at the inn. They were able to quickly contain the fire to a large commercial dryer.

Some rooms in the vicinity of the fire were evacuated while crews worked to put it out.

No one was hurt.

Firefighters estimate damage at a little more than $5,000.