Santa Barbara County animal shelters are celebrating "Mighty Dog May" by offering deals on having your dog spayed or neutered.
Dog owners with dogs less than 30 pounds can have them spayed or neutered, vaccinated against rabies and licensed with the county for $75.
The deal is sponsored by the Santa Barbara County Animal Services and other area shelters and humane societies.
Officials encourage pet owners to make an appointment right away because spots tend to fill up quickly.
The following shelters are participating in the Mighty Dog May deals:
• Santa Barbara County Animal Services, Project PetSafe, at (805) 934-6968
• Santa Maria Valley Humane Society, at (805) 349-3435
• Santa Ynez Valley Humane Society, at (805) 688-8224
• Santa Barbara Humane Society, at (805) 964.4777
• C.A.R.E. 4Paws, at (805) 968-2273
To schedule an appointment or for more information, contact the Project PetSafe Team, at (805) 934-6968.