City officials are planning several paving projects around Santa Maria, set to begin Monday.
Crews will be digging out and repairing failed asphalt areas, removing existing traffic striping and damaged sections of the roads and placing a hot mix asphalt overlay.
The streets that are part of the overlay project include:
- East Cypress Street from South Nicholson Avenue to South Stratford Avenue
- East Cypress Street from South Palisade Drive to South Suey Road
- North Valerie Street from East Main Street to East Alvin Avenue
- North Palisade Drive from North Valerie Street to East Alvin Avenue
- North Lincoln Street from West El Camino Street to West Bunny Avenue
- West Pershing Street from South Blosser Road to South Western Avenue
Officials said drivers should be aware of temporary short delays in various Santa Maria neighborhoods during the project, which is estimated to continue through early July.
The city contracted with Granite Construction to perform the $750,000 project. It is being funded by SB 1 Gas Tax revenues.
Courtesy of the City of Santa Maria