As children across the Central Coast get ready to head back to school, many of them will need help with school supplies.
That’s where "Stuff the Bus," a joint campaign between KSBY and the United Way, comes into play.
It kicks off on Thursday in San Luis Obispo County and Friday in Santa Barbara County.
There will be five drop-off locations in San Luis Obispo County and two in Santa Barbara County where those wishing to donate school supplies can do so.
San Luis Obispo County
August 9 and 10 from 4 to 7 p.m.
August 11 and 12 from 1 to 4 p.m.
August 13 from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Walmart, 180 Niblick Road, Paso Robles
- Walmart, 1168 W. Branch Street, Arroyo Grande
- Kmart, 3980 El Camino Real, Atascadero
- Staples, 2950 Broad Street, San Luis Obispo
- Cookie Crock Mart, 1240 Knollwood Drive, Cambria
Santa Barbara County
August 10 and 11 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
August 12 from noon to 6 p.m.
- Walmart, 2220 S. Bradley Road, Santa Maria
- Walmart, 701 W. Central Avenue, Lompoc
Everything, from pencils to binders to crayons, is needed to help kids succeed in the classroom. Click here for a full list of needed supplies.
All of the supplies are collected by the United Way of San Luis Obispo County and Northern Santa Barbara County. United Way will take the supplies and deliver them to local school districts which then, in turn, deliver them to students in need of supplies.