The Stone Soup Music Festival, Food & Street Fair will rock the streets of Grover Beach the weekend of August 25.
The festival is located in Ramona Garden Park and the surrounding streets. It’s host to free live entertainment and plenty of food, art, and vendor booths.
The 30th Annual Dune Run-Run and Walk, a 5k and 10k race, took place Saturday morning.
The Mardi Paws Dog Parade is scheduled for 11 a.m. Sunday. Dog owners are encouraged to dress their canine companions for the parade. All entries will receive a ribbon and awards will be given for Best Dressed, Most Original, Most Colorful, and Dog/Owner Look-alike.
Admission is free to the event. The music schedule goes as follows:
Saturday Main Stage:
- 10 a.m.: Alan Vogan & the Sumthin’ (bluegrass)
- 1 p.m. Island Time Steel Drums
- 3 p.m. Atmasandhi (Indian pop)
- 5 p.m. Tempest (Celtic rock)
- 7:30 p.m. The English Beat (ska)
Saturday Epic Stage:
- 12 p.m. Gillie Wheesels (Celtic folk)
- 2 p.m. Drum & Perk (drum workshop)
- 4 p.m. Ichimi Daiko (Japanese drums)
- 6:30 p.m. Soundhouse (rock & roll)
Sunday Main Stage:
- 11a.m. Local DJ
- 1 p.m. Mariachis
- 3 p.m. Grupo Aries (Mexican pop)
Sunday Epic Stage:
- 12 p.m. Ras Danny (reggae)
- 2 p.m. Raye Zaragoza (Indie acoustic)
For more information on the event, click here.