A San Luis Obispo County non-profit that provides meals to people with health issues is temporarily unable to help those in need, after a fire damaged the building that houses the organization.
The fire broke out on Sunday, October 21 at a building in the 1200 block of Las Tablas Road in Templeton, where The Wellness Kitchen and Resource Center is located. The organization says it was an electrical fire on the second floor of the building. The Wellness Kitchen is located below the area where the fire broke out. According to the organization, there was significant smoke and water damage, but the building is still standing.
“On behalf of The Wellness Kitchen, we are thankful there were no injuries,” says Gina Grieb, Executive Director. “We are appreciative to our local firefighters and law enforcement for their prompt response.”
The Wellness Kitchen says it is at temporarily unable to provide education programs or weekly organic meals for its Wellness and Healing Food programs because of the damage. A lot of those meals are given to people with serious health issues, including cancer.
The Wellness Kitchen is now looking for a temporary commercial kitchen to continue providing services.
For more information, click here.