The Santa Barbara County Water Agency is taking applications for the 20th Annual WaterWise High School Video contest.
Each year, students compete to produce entertaining and informational videos to show the importance of water-use efficiency. This year, high school students are challenged to create 30-second videos in keeping with the theme, “A Day in the Life of a Water Saver.”
“We are excited to be celebrating the 20th anniversary of this valuable and popular program,” said County Water Agency Manager Fray Crease.
Each school can submit up to three videos. The winning videos will receive prizes and be played in local movie theaters.
The County Water Agency and water providers will give monetary prizes to the winning schools, and the following local private sector sponsors will provide awards for the students:
- First Place: $500 provided by Carollo Engineers.
- Second Place: $250 provided by Dudek.
- Third Place: $150 provided by Ewing Irrigation.
- Two Honorable Mentions for North and South County submissions:
- North County: Car wash vouchers provided by Splash N’ Dash Car Wash.
- South County: Film festival tickets provided by the Santa Barbara International Film Festival.
- People’s Choice Award (a unique award voted by the public): $500 provided by All-Around
Student participants must submit their videos and Application Packets online by March 1, 2019.