Caltrans and California Highway Patrol is reminding drivers to share the roads and be extra careful in Paso Robles this week ahead of the California Mid-State Fair.
They are asking drivers to take these extra precautionary measures:
- Abide by the posted speed limit and reduce speed where there is extra traffic or a potential hazard.
- Slow down and move over when Caltrans workers, law enforcement or tow truck drivers are passing by.
- Be aware of electronic message boards or road signs with information on crashes, changing road conditions, lane closures and detours.
- Make sure your car is in good condition
- Share the road with others, especially bicyclists and pedestrians
Ahead of the Mid-State Fair, Caltrans is also limiting road work along Highway 101 and Highway 46 to minimize traffic.
— CA Mid-State Fair (@CaMidStateFair) July 16, 2019
The Mid-State Fair is from July 17 to July 28 at the Paso Robles Event Center.