Santa Barbara County Public Health Department (PHD) confirmed 16 more COVID-19 cases bringing the total to 168.
Of the 168 cases, 101 are recovering at home, 26 persons are recovering in a hospital, 17 of which are in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU), 38 have fully recovered, and 2 are pending an update. One death has been reported.
PHD is prioritizing investigations for cases with exposures in healthcare and other congregate settings to identify persons who may have been exposed. Mandated social distancing measures are in place to slow the spread of the virus.
Community members are reminded to take measures to prevent the spread of respiratory illness:
· Stay home except for essential tasks
· When engaging in essential tasks away from home, remain 6 feet away from others
· Wash your hands with soap and water
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick
· Keep surfaces clean by wiping them down with a household disinfectant
Stay up-to-date with COVID-19 information by clicking here.