Santa Barbara County added 234 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, bringing the county's total to 14,190 confirmed cases as of December 17.
Ninety-one people are currently hospitalized, including 23 patients who are in the ICU. Health officials say 12,925 people have recovered.
Santa Barbara County has had 145 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
Breakdown of cases by location:
- Santa Maria - 5,441
- Santa Barbara - 2,100
- Lompoc - 1,512
- Lompoc federal prison - 1,038
- Orcutt - 674
- Guadalupe and North County unincorporated areas (Sisquoc, Casmalia, Garey, Cuyama, New Cuyama) - 604
- Isla Vista - 599
- Goleta - 528
- Carpinteria and South County unincorporated areas (Montecito, Summerland) - 394
- Unincorporated Goleta Valley and Gaviota - 392
- Santa Ynez Valley (Solvang, Buellton, Santa Ynez, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Ballard) - 319
An additional 589 cases are listed as "pending" location.
Three free community coronavirus testing sites are open in Santa Maria, Buellton, and Goleta.
Additional testing will be available at the Public Health Testing Site in Santa Maria through Friday, Dec. 18.
Appointments are required at all locations. Click here for information on how to make an appointment.
For more information on the county's COVID-19 response, visit publichealthsbc.org.