Santa Barbara County added 240 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, bringing the county's total to 15,657 confirmed cases as of December 24.
According to the Public Health Department, 123 people are currently hospitalized, including 21 patients who are in the ICU. Health officials say 14,235 people have recovered.
Santa Barbara County has had 151 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
Breakdown of cases by location:
- Santa Maria - 5,898
- Santa Barbara - 2,388
- Lompoc - 1,672
- Lompoc federal prison - 1,038
- Orcutt - 761
- Guadalupe and North County unincorporated areas (Sisquoc, Casmalia, Garey, Cuyama, New Cuyama) - 647
- Isla Vista - 640
- Goleta - 635
- Unincorporated Goleta Valley and Gaviota - 466
- Carpinteria and South County unincorporated areas (Montecito, Summerland) - 425
- Santa Ynez Valley (Solvang, Buellton, Santa Ynez, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Ballard) - 440
An additional 694 cases are listed as "pending" location.
Three free community coronavirus testing sites are open in Santa Maria, Buellton, and Goleta and a rapid testing site is open Thursdays in Lompoc.
Appointments are required at all locations. Click here for information on how to make an appointment.
For more information on the county's COVID-19 response, visit publichealthsbc.org.