Santa Barbara County added 59 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, bringing the county's total to 12,866 confirmed cases as of December 11.
Sixty-four people are hospitalized, including 13 patients who are in the ICU. Health officials say 12,083 people have recovered.
Santa Barbara County has had 140 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
Breakdown of cases by location:
- Santa Maria - 5,005
- Santa Barbara - 1,833
- Lompoc - 1,355
- Lompoc federal prison - 1,031
- Orcutt - 608
- Isla Vista - 558
- Guadalupe and North County unincorporated areas (Sisquoc, Casmalia, Garey, Cuyama, New Cuyama) - 549
- Goleta - 436
- Unincorporated Goleta Valley and Gaviota - 355
- Carpinteria and South County unincorporated areas (Montecito, Summerland) - 345
- Santa Ynez Valley (Solvang, Buellton, Santa Ynez, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Ballard) - 289
The location of an additional 502 cases is listed as "pending."
Three free community coronavirus testing sites are open in Santa Maria, Buellton, and Goleta.
Additional testing will be available at the Public Health Testing Site in Santa Maria from Tuesday, Dec. 15 through Friday, Dec. 18.
Appointments are required at all locations. Click here for information on how to make an appointment.
For more information on the county's COVID-19 response, visit publichealthsbc.org.