Santa Barbara County added 64 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, bringing the county's total to 8,361 confirmed cases as of September 4.
Thirty-nine people are hospitalized, including 16 patients who are in the ICU.
Health officials say 8,040 people have recovered.
Santa Barbara County has had 97 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
Breakdown of cases by location:
- Santa Maria - 3,651
- Santa Barbara - 1,123
- Lompoc federal prison - 1,023
- Lompoc - 723
- Guadalupe and North County unincorporated areas (Sisquoc, Casmalia, Garey, Cuyama, New Cuyama) - 360
- Orcutt - 274
- Goleta - 216
- Carpinteria and South County unincorporated areas (Montecito, Summerland) - 181
- Unincorporated Goleta Valley and Gaviota - 176
- Isla Vista - 161
- Santa Ynez Valley (Solvang, Buellton, Santa Ynez, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Ballard) - 122
The location of an additional 351 cases is listed as "pending."
Three free coronavirus testing sites are available to the community in Santa Maria, Buellton, and Goleta.
Appointments are required at all locations. Click here or call 888-634-1123 to make an appointment.
For more information on the county's COVID-19 response, visit publichealthsbc.org.