Santa Barbara County is reporting 72 new cases of COVID-19 over three days, bringing the county's total to 9,319 confirmed cases as of October 5.
Eighteen new cases were added on Saturday, 19 cases were added on Sunday, and 35 cases were added Monday.
Twenty-three people are hospitalized, including five patients who are in the ICU.
Health officials say 9,082 people have recovered.
Santa Barbara County has had 115 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
Breakdown of cases by location:
- Santa Maria - 3,984
- Santa Barbara - 1,233
- Lompoc federal prison - 1,024
- Lompoc - 865
- Guadalupe and North County unincorporated areas (Sisquoc, Casmalia, Garey, Cuyama, New Cuyama) - 426
- Orcutt - 334
- Goleta - 262
- Isla Vista - 242
- Unincorporated Goleta Valley and Gaviota - 202
- Carpinteria and South County unincorporated areas (Montecito, Summerland) - 197
- Santa Ynez Valley (Solvang, Buellton, Santa Ynez, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Ballard) - 157
The location of an additional 393 cases is listed as "pending."
Three free coronavirus testing sites are available to the community in Santa Maria, Buellton, and Goleta.
Appointments are required at all locations. Click here or call 888-634-1123 to make an appointment.
For more information on the county's COVID-19 response, visit publichealthsbc.org.