Santa Barbara County added 89 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, bringing the county's total to 11,720 confirmed cases as of Dec. 2.
Fourty-two people are hospitalized, including nine patients who are in the ICU. Health officials say 11,116 people have recovered.
Santa Barbara County also reported the death Wednesday of a person between the ages of 30 and 40, who health officials say lived in Santa Maria and had underlying health conditions.
Santa Barbara County has now had 138 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
Breakdown of cases by location:
- Santa Maria - 4,678
- Santa Barbara - 1,629
- Lompoc - 1,172
- Lompoc federal prison - 1,027
- Isla Vista - 532
- Guadalupe and North County unincorporated areas (Sisquoc, Casmalia, Garey, Cuyama, New Cuyama) - 519
- Orcutt - 517
- Goleta - 378
- Unincorporated Goleta Valley and Gaviota - 310
- Carpinteria and South County unincorporated areas (Montecito, Summerland) - 292
- Santa Ynez Valley (Solvang, Buellton, Santa Ynez, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Ballard) - 241
The location of an additional 425 cases is listed as "pending."
Three free coronavirus testing sites are open to the community in Santa Maria, Buellton, and Goleta.
Appointments are required at all locations. Click here for information on how to make an appointment.
For more information on the county's COVID-19 response, visit publichealthsbc.org.