Santa Barbara County is reporting the death of another person who tested positive for COVID-19.
Health officials say the patient was between the ages of 50 and 69, lived in Santa Maria, and had underlying health conditions.
The county also added 115 new cases of COVID-19 over three days, bringing the county's total to 8,718 confirmed cases as of September 14.
Forty-eight new cases were added on Saturday, 44 cases were added on Sunday, and 23 cases were added Monday.
Thirty people are hospitalized, including eight patients who are in the ICU.
Health officials say 8,450 people have recovered.
Santa Barbara County has had 106 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
Breakdown of cases by location:
- Santa Maria - 3,748
- Santa Barbara - 1,167
- Lompoc federal prison - 1,024
- Lompoc - 770
- Guadalupe and North County unincorporated areas (Sisquoc, Casmalia, Garey, Cuyama, New Cuyama) - 380
- Orcutt - 293
- Goleta - 240
- Carpinteria and South County unincorporated areas (Montecito, Summerland) - 186
- Unincorporated Goleta Valley and Gaviota - 187
- Isla Vista - 186
- Santa Ynez Valley (Solvang, Buellton, Santa Ynez, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Ballard) - 138
The location of an additional 399 cases is listed as "pending."
Three free coronavirus testing sites are available to the community in Santa Maria, Buellton, and Goleta.
Appointments are required at all locations. Click here or call 888-634-1123 to make an appointment.
For more information on the county's COVID-19 response, visit publichealthsbc.org.