Santa Barbara County is reporting the death of another person who tested positive for COVID-19.
Public Health officials say the patient was over the age of 70, lived in Orcutt, and did not have any underlying health conditions.
The county also added 125 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, bringing the county's total to 12,502 confirmed cases as of December 8.
Fifty people are hospitalized, including 12 patients who are in the ICU. Health officials say 11,663 people have recovered.
Santa Barbara County has had 139 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
Breakdown of cases by location:
- Santa Maria - 4,893
- Santa Barbara - 1,778
- Lompoc - 1,297
- Lompoc federal prison - 1,029
- Orcutt - 578
- Isla Vista - 555
- Guadalupe and North County unincorporated areas (Sisquoc, Casmalia, Garey, Cuyama, New Cuyama) - 535
- Goleta - 417
- Unincorporated Goleta Valley and Gaviota - 338
- Carpinteria and South County unincorporated areas (Montecito, Summerland) - 331
- Santa Ynez Valley (Solvang, Buellton, Santa Ynez, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Ballard) - 276
The location of an additional 475 cases is listed as "pending."
Three free coronavirus testing sites are open to the community in Santa Maria, Buellton, and Goleta.
Additional testing is also available at the Public Health Testing Site in Santa Maria through Thursday, Dec. 10.
Appointments are required at all locations. Click here for information on how to make an appointment.
For more information on the county's COVID-19 response, visit publichealthsbc.org.