Santa Barbara County is reporting the death of another person who tested positive for COVID-19.
Public Health officials say the patient was between the ages of 50 and 69, lived in Orcutt, and had underlying health conditions.
The county also added 172 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, bringing the county's total to 12,808 confirmed cases as of December 10.
Sixty-four people are hospitalized, including 12 patients who are in the ICU. Health officials say 11,852 people have recovered.
Santa Barbara County has had 140 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
Breakdown of cases by location:
- Santa Maria - 4,993
- Santa Barbara - 1,825
- Lompoc - 1,342
- Lompoc federal prison - 1,031
- Orcutt - 601
- Isla Vista - 558
- Guadalupe and North County unincorporated areas (Sisquoc, Casmalia, Garey, Cuyama, New Cuyama) - 547
- Goleta - 432
- Unincorporated Goleta Valley and Gaviota - 353
- Carpinteria and South County unincorporated areas (Montecito, Summerland) - 342
- Santa Ynez Valley (Solvang, Buellton, Santa Ynez, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Ballard) - 287
The location of an additional 497 cases is listed as "pending."
Three free coronavirus testing sites are open to the community in Santa Maria, Buellton, and Goleta.
Appointments are required at all locations. Click here for information on how to make an appointment.
For more information on the county's COVID-19 response, visit publichealthsbc.org.