Santa Barbara County is reporting the death of another person who tested positive for COVID-19.
Health officials say the patient was over the age of 70, had underlying health conditions, and lived in the Lompoc area.
Santa Barbara County has now had 91 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
The county is also reporting 35 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, bringing the county's total to 7,951 confirmed cases as of August 27.
Of the 228 active cases in the county, 52 people are hospitalized, including 22 patients who are in the ICU.
Health officials say 7,632 people have recovered.
Breakdown of cases by location:
- Santa Maria - 3,508
- Santa Barbara - 1,072
- Lompoc federal prison - 1,019
- Lompoc - 629
- Guadalupe and North County unincorporated areas (Sisquoc, Casmalia, Garey, Cuyama, New Cuyama) - 327
- Orcutt - 255
- Goleta - 205
- Carpinteria and South County unincorporated areas (Montecito, Summerland) - 175
- Unincorporated Goleta Valley and Gaviota - 151
- Isla Vista - 141
- Santa Ynez Valley (Solvang, Buellton, Santa Ynez, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Ballard) - 110
The location of an additional 359 cases is listed as "pending."
Three free coronavirus testing sites are open to the community in Santa Maria, Santa Barbara, and Buellton.
Appointments are required at all locations. Click here or call 888-634-1123 to make an appointment.
For more information on the county's COVID-19 response, visit publichealthsbc.org.