Santa Barbara County added 214 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday, bringing the county's total to 16,476 confirmed cases as of December 28.
Over the long holiday weekend, health officials reported an additional 275 new cases on Friday, 153 new cases on Saturday, and 182 new cases on Sunday.
The Public Health Department reports that 121 people are currently hospitalized, including 29 patients who are in the ICU. Health officials say 15,219 people have recovered.
According to the State of California's online COVID-19 dashboard, there are currently 22 ICU beds available in Santa Barbara County.
Santa Barbara County has had 153 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
Breakdown of cases by location:
- Santa Maria - 6,199
- Santa Barbara - 2,561
- Lompoc - 1,735
- Lompoc federal prison - 1,038
- Orcutt - 822
- Guadalupe and North County unincorporated areas (Sisquoc, Casmalia, Garey, Cuyama, New Cuyama) - 664
- Isla Vista - 651
- Goleta - 691
- Unincorporated Goleta Valley and Gaviota - 498
- Carpinteria and South County unincorporated areas (Montecito, Summerland) - 458
- Santa Ynez Valley (Solvang, Buellton, Santa Ynez, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Ballard) - 404
An additional 755 cases are listed as "pending" location.
Three free community coronavirus testing sites are open in Santa Maria, Buellton, and Goleta.
Additional testing will be available at the Public Health Testing Site in Santa Maria on Wednesday, Dec. 30 and Thursday, Dec. 31.
Appointments are required at all locations. Click here for information on how to make an appointment.
For more information on the county's COVID-19 response, visit publichealthsbc.org.