Another person has died due to COVID-19 in Santa Barbara County, bringing the total number of deaths to two.
As of Sunday evening, Santa Barbara County Public Health is reporting six new COVID-19 cases bringing the total to 174 with two deaths.
Local health officials said the person who died was a South County resident in their 60's. The patient had underlying health conditions and had been hospitalized.
“Public Health shares our deepest condolences with the family and friends of this community member,” said Santa Barbara County Health Officer Dr. Henning Ansorg. “We continue to ask for the support of every resident as we move forward and get through this difficult time. Only with the help of every person in our community will we make a difference in slowing the spread of this virus.”
Of the 174 cases, 103 are recovering at home, 27 persons are recovering in a hospital, 19 of which are in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU), 40 have fully recovered, and two (2) are pending an update. Two (2) deaths have been reported.
Of these new cases, one was reported in South County unincorporated areas (Montecito, Summerland and city of Carpinteria), one in Goleta and four in Santa Maria.