Voters in five San Luis Obispo County cities had sales tax measures on the ballot this year.
The sales tax in every SLO County city is currently 7.75%. If the measures are approved by voters, the tax would be raised to 8.75% in Paso Robles, Atascadero, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo, and Grover Beach.
Each measure needs 50% plus one vote to pass. The following results are as of 9:15 p.m. Tuesday:
- Measure D, Atascadero - 60% yes, 40% no
- Measure E, Morro Bay - 60% yes, 40% no
- Measure F, Grover Beach - 55% yes, 45% no
- Measure G, San Luis Obispo - 60% yes, 40% no
- Measure J, Paso Robles - 58% yes, 42% no
In Pismo Beach, voters considered a measure to hike the hotel and visitors tax by 1%. Measure B requires 50% plus one vote to pass. Currently, yes votes total 83%.
In Santa Barbara County, the City of Guadalupe also had a sales tax measure on the ballot. Measure N was passing with 72% yes votes Tuesday night.
Click here for updated election results throughout the evening.