SLO City Fire responded to a commercial structure fire early Tuesday afternoon.
It was reported at about 11:25 a.m. on the 200 block of Granada St. in San Luis Obispo.
Fire officials reported the fire was out but they remained on scene to evaluate potential hazardous materials.
The regional hazmat team was requested. SLO City Fire says the fire was caused by ignited methanol and it was controlled with a fire suppression foam system in the building.
We are following this story and will bring you more updates as they become available.
#PromegaIC the SLO County Regional HazMat Team has arrived on scene and crews are preparing to make entry into the room of origin to ensure all hazardous materials located in the room are controlled and to eliminate a risk of reignition. pic.twitter.com/Ai4eMpz9lc— SLO City Fire (@SLO_City_Fire) January 7, 2020