The Pismo Beach Clam Festival is back in Pismo Beach this weekend celebrating its 72nd anniversary, and this year the event will feature the reopening of the Pismo Pier.
The event’s website says this is one of the biggest events in Pismo Beach, with as many as 15,000 people stopping by for the three-day event.
One of the main events at the festival this year is the reopening of the Pismo Beach Pier. It has been under construction for more than a year.
People who live on the Central Coast can attend the ribbon cutting ceremony on Saturday at 11:30 a.m.
Aside from the pier reopening, the festival will have live music, beer gardens and lots of clam chowder.
Interested in going? Here is a list of all the events going on during the Pismo Beach Clam Festival:
- Clam Festival Wine Walk: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Esteem Surf Co. 80’s Surf Showdown: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Parade: 10 a.m.
- Pismo Beach Pier Ribbon Cutting Ceremony: 11:30 a.m.
- Pierfest VIP Celebration 12 p.m.– Tickets for this event cost $40.
- Beer and Wine Stage: 11 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Live music, food trucks, vendors and more 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Beer & Wine Stage: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Live Music, Expanded Kid Zone, Food Trucks, Vendors & More: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Clam Dig: 11 a.m.
- Best Local Clam Chowder Contest: 12 p.m. — tickets cost $15