Most San Luis Obispo County offices and facilities are open today during the third and final day of the San Luis Obispo County Employees’ Association (SLOCEA) labor strike.
Hundreds of employees went on strike starting on Tuesday to demand a three percent cost-of-living pay increase compared to the half-percent raise they received in July.
As a result of the strike, county officials say the following offices and facilities are being affected:
- The San Luis Obispo Regional Airport terminal is open, and flights will not be interrupted, but the Airport’s business office is closed.
- The Atascadero Clerk Recorder’s office is closed Thursday, but the San Luis Obispo office is open.
- All branches of the library for the county are closed today, with the exception of the Atascadero branch, which is open until 6 p.m.
- The department office for Planning and Building is open, but no new land use permits or building permits will be processed Thursday. Information services and building permit services are available.
Businesses closed on Wednesday and are re-opening on Thursday include:
- All behavioral health offices, clinics and services.
- All public health clinics.
All other offices and facilities are open, but some may experience a delay in services.
All county employees are expected to return to work on Friday, December 14.