NewsLocal News

Actions

Goose with stomach full of trash treated at Santa Maria animal shelter

Posted at 4:50 PM, Mar 12, 2019

A goose almost died due to ingesting trash at Waller Park in Santa Maria.

Santa Barbara County Animal Services says it received a call about the ill goose on Monday and officers responded to see what was wrong.

The female goose had no obvious injuries so she was brought to the shelter for an evaluation by the veterinary team.

Animal Services says its team soon discovered she had ingested baby wipes and balloons and needed some extra help passing these foreign objects.

The goose is expected to make a full recovery.

The sick goose was treated by Santa Barbara County Animal Services veterinary staff. (Photo courtesy Santa Barbara County Animal Services)
Balloons and baby wipes were found in the goose’s stomach. (Photo courtesy Santa Barbara County Animal Services)