Santa Barbara County Fire Department crews responded to a hazmat incident at an Old Town Goleta business on Monday afternoon.
It was reported at about 4:30 p.m. at a dive shop in the 5000 block of Hollister Ave.
Fire officials say two employees at the shop were working with muriatic acid and chlorine and accidentally mixed the two chemicals, causing a reaction that made them feel ill.
The two workers were reportedly able to drive themselves to the hospital.
Once firefighters arrived, they contacted the hazardous materials team and crews were able to dilute the chemical mixture and render it non-hazardous. No other injuries were reported.