The Arroyo Grande Strawberry Festival is back this Memorial Weekend for its 36th year.
The annual family-friendly event takes place in the Village of Arroyo Grande from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
The free event includes a myriad of strawberry treats, carnival rides, games, live music and entertainment, food vendors, arts and crafts vendors, and contests.
As many as 100,000 people visit Arroyo Grande for this event each year. As a result, police will be out in force and will be implementing several street closures and detours:
- Starting Friday, May 24 at 4 p.m., Centennial Park between Mason, Nelson and Short Streets will be closed through Sunday, May 26 at 9 p.m.
- Starting Friday at 1 p.m., Olohan Alley between Mason Street and Bridge Street will be closed through Sunday at 6 p.m.
- Starting Friday at 10 p.m., the parking lot north of Branch Street and east of Nevada Street will be closed through Sunday at 7 p.m.
- Branch Street will be closed between Traffic Way and Mason Street from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
- Bridge Street will be closed between Branch Street and Traffic Way from 5 a.m. on Saturday to 7 p.m. on Sunday.
- Nelson Street will be closed between Traffic Way and Mason Street from 5 a.m. on Saturday to 7 p.m. on Sunday.
- Branch Mill Road will be closed between Tanner Ln. and Garden St. from 8 a.m. until approximately 10 a.m. on Sunday.
Click here for a full list of entertainment and events scheduled during the festival.