Just before 9 p.m. Sunday night, San Luis Obispo City firefighters responded to a report of a structure fire on Contenta Court, near Los Osos Valley Road.
Once firefighters arrived, they learned the fire was contained to a fire place but smoke had filled the home.
One woman was treated for smoke inhalation, but there was minimal damage to her home.
Firefighters used large fans to remove the smoke. One engine remained on scene as fire crews tried to determine what caused the smoke to not exit through the chimney.
Battalion Chief Bob Bisson recommends ensuring the damper panel on your chimney is open and there’s no obstructions to air flow.