Lompoc’s Old Town Market is returning for the summer season.
Every Friday from June 5 to August 16, the farmers market and street fair will take place on the 100 block of South H Street from 5-8 p.m.
According to the Lompoc Valley Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau, guests at the market can look forward to live entertainment, a free bounce house, food booths, merchandise and activities for all ages.
Each day of the event will have a different theme, kicking off the series with a Family Dog Show Night in which local residents can sign up their four-legged pets to win awards ranging from best trick, owner/dog look-alike, tallest and shortest dog and best dressed.
“We’re really excited to kick it off with the dog shows so as long as your pet is on-leash, you may come out and parade around and show off your pet and share with us how proud of them you are,” said Mayor Jenelle Osborne.
Upcoming themes include:
- July 12 – Visual & Performing Arts Night & Lompoc High School Alumni Car Cruise
- July 19 – Agriculture Night with Hay Rides and Plantel Seedling Giveaway
- July 26 – Celebrate Lompoc & Wine Tasting Night
- August 2 – Military Appreciation Night
- August 9 – Public Safety Night & Car Cruise
- August 16 – Healthy Lompoc Night
The future of the market is now uncertain after its funding was cut from the city’s 2019-21 budget, but this year will not be affected.
To learn more about the Old Town Market, visit Lompoc.com.