NewsLocal News

Actions

Chimney fire causes damage to Atascadero home

atascadero chimney fire.jpg
Posted at 11:22 AM, Jan 11, 2021
and last updated 2021-01-11 14:22:16-05

Firefighters in Atascadero extinguished a chimney fire that broke out at a home in the 7700 block of Aurora Road early Monday morning.

It happened at about 3:25 a.m.

Firefighters say the house was filled with smoke when they arrived on the scene but the flames were confined to the chimney. It reportedly took them about 25 minutes to stop the spread of the fire.

First responders say the family was asleep at the time of the fire and their smoke detectors did not go off. They were instead awoken by a family member who had just returned home from work.

No one was injured.