Wednesday is opening day for rockfish catch, and closures at Port San Luis in Avila Beach could impact the fishing ability.
There are many closures in place in an effort to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Here are some of the closures:
- The Port San Luis trailer boat launch
- The Olde Port Beach launch ramp
- Hoist One on Harford Pier
- Avila Pier
- The Olde Port Beach fire rings have been removed
- The Avila Beach swings have been removed and the beach slide is closed
Harbor officials are discouraging travel to the beach, saying further closures are likely if crowds become heavy.