UPDATE (10:30 a.m.) - Fire crews say an employee cooking at the time of the fire at Tahoe Joe's in San Luis Obispo extinguished the fire.
Officials say the fire resulted in minimal to no damages to the building.
Authorities say the County of San Luis Obispo Public Health Department will go to Tahoe Joe's to assess whether the restaurant can operate for the rest of the day.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates as more information becomes available.
ORIGINAL STORY (10 a.m.) - Crews with CAL FIRE SLO and San Luis Obispo City Fire Department knocked down a fire at Tahoe Joe's on Madonna Road in San Luis Obispo Sunday morning.
According to PulsePoint, emergency crews responded to the commercial fire shortly after 9:30 a.m. Sunday.
In a call with KSBY, an official with the San Luis Obispo City Fire Department says there was heavy smoke in the kitchen at the time emergency crews responded, but the fire extinguisher system in the restaurant helped crews knock down the fire.
Officials could not confirm the cause of the fire.