NewsLocal News


Fire destroys Cambria gift shop, owners hope to rebuild

a matter of taste.PNG
Posted at 5:26 PM, Aug 03, 2020
and last updated 2020-08-04 00:06:38-04

Firefighters say a gift shop in Cambria is a total loss after a fire on Saturday.

A vehicle reportedly struck a gas line behind A Matter of Taste, causing the building to catch fire.

The business sold gourmet foods, kitchen tools, and home and gift items.

A Matter of Taste co-owner Gayle Jenkins says she hopes to reopen the shop in the future.

She says her number one goal is to rebuild and serve the community once again.

"A part of me is still in shock," Jenkins said on Monday. "It's devastating and this business itself has been here for the 30th year and we've loved owning this store. It's been a blessing and a gift being able to be here in this town."

She says she is grateful for her family and friends for their support over the past few days.